- PICK UP ON ARRIVAL
- You need to send arrival information ( name of terminal – airport; time of arrival) to IAESTE Vietnam and your employers latest in 2 weeks before your arrival.
- You will be picked up at the airport and taken to your accommodation .
- Closest airport to current employers associating with IAESTE Vietnam
- Noi Bai international airport: 1 – 1,5 hour from Bac Giang, Hanoi, Thai Nguyen; 2 – 3h from Hai Phong
- Cat Bi international airport: 5 km from Hai Phong
- You will be arranged shared room with other IAESTE trainees/ or with other students/ staff of your colleges/ universities/ companies.
- Types of accommodation:
- Guest House
- Homestay living
- You need to contact with your employer to ask about the concrete type of accommodation arranged for you before your arrival.
- MONEY EXCHANGE
- Vietnam Currency: VND
- You can change money before your arrival; or:
- You can exchange money in Vietnam at
- International airports
- Vietnam Simcard is available at anywhere.
- You should ask your employer for help to buy a Simcard
- INTERNET CONNECTION
- You can subscribe for Internet connection on your Simcard with cheap price
- Internet/ Wifi is availble at most offices and shops in Vietnam
- You can ask your employer for help in case there is no Internet connection at your accommodation
- Bus, motorbike, bicycle, taxi, motorbike taxi (Xe om)
- Your employer may lend you a motorbike or bicycle during your internship
- You can rent a motorbike/ bicycle for travelling
- It is cheap to buy an old motorbike or bicycle
- It is easy to call taxi and motorbike taxi
Please read more here: https://www.vietnamonline.com/transport.html
- You need to ask your employer if you can cook at your accommodation
- Foods are available at:
- Canteens of colleges/ universities
- Food shops which is close to your colleges/ universities/ companies
- Markets/ supermarkets
- Vietnamese foods: http://www.seriouseats.com/2013/01/vietnamese-dishes-foods-you-should-know-hanoi-saigon-pho-banh-mi-slideshow.html
- LIVING EXPENSES
- For foods and drinks, it may cost you around 1.500.000 – 3.000.000 VND for a month, based on the area where you do your internship (please read your Work Offer to know estimate living expenses)
- For accommodation, you will pay for accommodation as written in the Work Offer
- If it is written “Lodging: 0 VND” in your offer, you will not have to pay for accommodation
- For electricity and water: you should contact your employer to ask if you need to pay for electricity and water before your arrival
You can buy almost everything at:
- Grocery stores
- A variety of other stores
There are Gyms almost anywhere in Vietnam. You need to ask you employer the address of good Gyms which is close to your acommodation/ working place.
- WEATHER IN VIETNAM
- Please note that it is extremely hot (30 – 40 C degree) in summer time (May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sep, Oct).
- SUGGESTED CLOTHES
- You should prepare 2 these types of clothes:
- Formal clothes at work (important)
- Casual clothes in daily life (important)
- Clothes are not too expensive in Vietnam, so if you do not want to carry heavy suitcases, just bring a few and ask your employer for help with buying clothes.
- Avoid wearing shorts, and other unsuitable clothes when visiting pagodas/ church in Vietnam.
- OTHER SUGGESTIONS
- Your country’s Flag (***)
- Traditional costumes of your country (***)
- Unique books/ candies/ cakes/wine/ cards/etc (***)
( ***) in case there are some exchange cultural programm; if possible
- Sun protection jacket
- Student Card
- Driving licenses
- Always bring passport with you when you do not sleep at your arranged accommodation.
- For everything related to your internships, please email to both your employer and IAESTE Vietnam .
Read more here: http://iaestevietnam.org/international-students/
We are looking forward to meeting you in Vietnam! Welcome to our IAESTE family!!!!!!
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions:
IAESTE Vietnam, International Cooperation Centre
Tan Thinh ward, Thai Nguyen city 250000 VIETNAM
Website: iaestevietnam.org, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Tel. (84) 167 269 7319
Fanpage: fb.com/iaestevietnam; Fb Group: fb.com/groups/iaestevietnam